From:
Rebecca Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 01:11:52 EDT
Hi Everyone :-)

I have a ferret puppet made by a company called Folkmanis and on the tag
they have a story called "Ferret And Coyote" by Madeleine Scott and I
thought it was really cute so I wanted to share it with all of you.

Ferret And Coyote

Back in the days when Ferret was plump and plain, he sat with Coyote around
a campfire.  Coyote, the prankster, was teasing him something awful about
his roundness.  Suddenly Ferret had enough and lunged at Coyote.  Only, in
his anger, he forgot about the fire and rushed right through it, singeing
his paws and the tip of his tail, which have been dark ever since.  When he
saw what he'd done, he covered his face in despair with his stinging paws
and, of course, turned the hair around his eyes dark, too.  Now, Coyote felt
kind of bad about this, and decided to take Ferret to his secret hunting
ground at the prairie dog village.  Coyote sat to wait for a prairie dog to
come out of its burrow, but Ferret was fiercely hungry after his trouble,
and dove into a hole.  Well, he got stuck, and when Coyote tried to pull him
out by the tail, first his tail got stretched, then his body stretched; and
finally, when his neck stretched out, instead of coming outside, he shot
right back down into that burrow, long-bodied and dark-footed, and has
stayed there ever since.

Hope you enjoyed!

Rebecca
Zoe..."Read the story again mommy!"
Tori..."It's storytime, it's storytime!"
Merlin..."Stories make me tired...yaawwnn...zzzzz"