From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 01:40:36 -0500
As expected, internet access will be few and far between.  Dropped off
Carbone and Tui in DC (wouldn't you know that Carbone would stop being a
real man just before we left.  That monkey better change his tune fast!).
The Smithsonian loved me so much I didn't leave until after 3am, then down
to see old photojournalism friends near Tampa, so few saw my blur.  My
photo-friends also have ferrets (which I *didn't* know) and were surprised
that I know a little about them.  Introduced them to the FML and Ferret
Central and couldn't get them off the computer!  Worse than Sam!!  We went
snorkling down by Key West, and the only part I forgot to slather sunscreen
on was my nose and forehead, so just look for the glow.  (BTW, for those who
care, as a person who have hiked through and bicycled across Death Valley, I
don't buy the "wet-heat is worse" whine.  While some might think the only
difference is in the south people bloat when they die and in the southwest
they just mummify, I'm here to tell you that a few hours of feeling your
lung hairs carbonize and your bronchii dry into one of those "wind-tubes"
you see in the pets stores and you'll wish you had 90 degree at 90 percent
humidity to whine about.  As far as I am concerned, in the south you whine
about sticky sweat and in the desert you just dry up and die, or just wish
someone would spit in your mouth to help slake the thirst.  'Course, just
my opinion and I could be wrong.....naw!)

I just arrived in Gainsville and will be here for the next few days, and am
looking forward to meeting one of my favorite docs and other people.  In
between staring at bones, that is.  Of coruse, I plan to met them BEFORE
they read this post (hardy har har).

Knoxville is next, then back to DC where I plan on parading Carbone and Tui
around and doing a little bragging.  I understand they are teaching their
host ferts new bad habits.  My job is complete.

Bob C Sans 19 Mo Ferrets of Fun