From:
Mark Eastridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 04:14:58 EDT
Well, I saw a post that mentioned that management is the key to the
treatment of animals at individual stores and agree.  In my city there are
two PETCOs, recently one gave us a meeting place for a ferret club meeting
and happily passed out info to new owners.  I have found the staff not
overly knowledgeable, but competent.  By having our meeting in their space
we serve to help educate their staff.  What is that old adage, you draw
more flies with honey?  Blanketly 'boycotting' or sending off 'you suck'
mail and phone calls rarely encourages change.  Check out your local
stores, bring a fert with you and chat with the sales folk.  Believe it or
not, they may actualley great you with open arms and take you seriously by
approaching non-confrontationally.