From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:26:41 +0100
I'm a little behind reading some of my FML's - we've been doing PR, ferret
racing and roulette at Cheadle Festival to raise funds for our shelter.
The weather was absolutely terrible and not many folk turned turned up so
we didn't raise as much as we'd have liked.

Anyway to get to the point we have public liability for 2M pounds, which I
guess would be just under 4M dollars.  I am insured as a member of the NFWS
the insurance premium costs the NFWS around 500 pounds p.a.  and covers all
members.  The policy covers doing PR work, showing and working ferrets - I
just can't believe that an insurance company could have the nerve to charge
a premium of 12,000 dollars for just one day's cover, and then only for 1M
dollars.

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare & National Ferret Welfare Society Newsletter Editor
http://www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm (Last Update 4 July, 1998)
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troi, Cameron & Carnath