From:
Michael McKinley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 17:19:55 -0800
Hey there Fellow FML'ers!

Well, it actually happened!  The first meeting of the new organization for
Washington State.  The name for our venture is Washington State Ferret
Association.  (W.S.F.A.)

Board Members were selected and here's a list of who got what.
Michael McKinley-Director-(oh no, here we go)
Charleen Schuster-Sectretary
Lynn MacIntosh-Treasurer
Judy Moon-Newsletter Editor
Todd Cromwell-Public Education Coordinator
and we will probably give Don Braund a position for a Spokane
representative- (probably Director-East Branch)- next meeting, the
position will have to ratified by the board. (formality)

Positions still available are
Executive-although Claudia Krakora expressed interest in it and if
selected, the board position just needs to be voted on

Liason-this is a new position that we feel is needed to be a point of
contact for the organization with legislative bodies and would be the
person who monitors the laws of the state, county and city.

Event Coordinator-

Website Manager/mailing list Coordinator-

In addition, we will still need staffing on these committies.
Newletter Staff, Public Education Staff, Computer Consultants, and
Event Staff.

Interested and live in the Washington State Area?  Please let me know and I
will provide information or get you in touch with someone who you will be
working with.

The meeting was an excellent success and here is the 'gist' of what was
discussed.

The lack of laws pertaining to ferret breeding (or misbreeding) were
discussed, as well as, guidelines needed for proper shelter and breeder
practice.

A need for a data base for rabies laws of each county of our state was
discussed and how we can help each shelter in our region by monthly
sponsorship, volunteer work and adoption days.

We, also, discussed the needs of education in our region and how to help
the new owner with information as well as the pet stores with information,
volunteering and staff orientation.

Well, I was so impressed with what was expressed and who attended.  There
were some amazing owners present and some incredible information was shared
and debated.

Through this meeting, I am able to see that our state really needs this
association and I truly hope that we are able to influence a great many
persons and make a difference.

In attendance: Grace Stahre, and friend Vu, Charleen Schuster, Megan
Bonikowski (and mom), Don Brand and Wife, Tracy Kilmer, Lynn McIntosh,
Charleen Schuster, Judy Moon (and husband), Todd Cromwell, and both
Michael's, McKinley and Bostrom.

By looking at this list, you can see that the meeting had some wonderful
and powerful influences.  It was incredible sharing with so many great
owners.  I am hoping that next is even more successful!  (tough to beat!)

The next one?
December 6th, Sunday, at 2:30
at the same location (Charleen Schuster's home)
Interested?
Please contact me at [log in to unmask]
                  or [log in to unmask]

This, I hope, is the beginning of an organization that will do some great
work.

===
Take Care and remember:
Give a hug and you get a kiss back!
Michael McKinley

(your humble director and overall, nice guy)
(and Astounding Amy, I'm-pampered-and-love-it
Eduardo, Terribly Tiny Tonya and Fivel, the Ferocious
Fuzzball.)