Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 19:33:28 +1300
I am fostering a about nine month old female ferret that the vet has
diagnosed as having dermatitis and I would like everyone's opinion.

She has red inflamed skin around her chin and mouth, she also has what
looks like little blackheads.  It does look quite sore but doesn't seem to
bothering her too much.  She also has a swollen anus, this is red but also
looks bruised (bluish in some parts).  Other than this she is eating well,
pooping normally and playing.

The vet has put her on an antibiotic (Baytril 12.5mg per day) for four days
and has given me Neotopic-H lotion (ingredients: Neomycin Sulfate 5mg,
Hydrocortisone 5mg, lignocaineHCI 5mg) to apply to the affected areas once
a day.

Can anyone tell me if they have seen this sort of thing on a fuzzie before
and what the outcome was.  She really is a sweet little baby and I want to
do what is best for her.

Thanks :)