From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 15:27:08 +0100
Hi Folks,

I've just got back from the vet with Jasper.  The vet checked his leg, no
signs of dislocation or fracture although his foot wasn't quite a warm as
his left one.  She pinched Jasper's toe to see if had any feeling, I didn't
feel him jump, he was too busy lapping up Ferretone from the palm of my
hand, keeps 'em really still whilst the vet carries out examinations.

The vet wasn't too sure what was wrong with him but had ruled out a stroke
as it was only his right hind that was affected and his entire right side
should have shown signs of some paralysis.  I just mentioned his back, the
vet thanked me for reminding her, sure enough it looks as if Jasper has
hurt his back.  The vet gave him a steroid shot about 2 hours ago and
Jasper is now actually trying to use his leg - I have to take him back to
see a vet tomorrow and see how things are going on, he might need another
shot but things are looking so much more hopeful now.

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare & National Ferret Welfare Society Newsletter Editor
http://www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm (Last Update 13 Sept, 1998)
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troi, Cameron, Carnath & Button