From:
Richard & Teresa Lombardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:49:49 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Something very scary happened to me today.  I called my vet to get more
prednisone for Sequoia and to find out if they wanted to see him again.
His last glucose was done Aug 8th and he's been on the pred for a month
now.  The Dr. was in surgery so I asked the tech if she could help.  I set
up an appointment for the 26th because the Dr. is going out of town this
weekend.  Anyway, I only had a couple days left of medication for him.  The
tech told me to finish the meds I had for him, and she wouldn't give me
anymore until the next visit.  I told her that he has to take it and she
told me as long as he was doing fine I shouldn't worry.  Needless to say, I
was very frustrated and got off the phone and told my husband to call.  He
called and staighten everything out.  The thing that really got to me was,
they didn't even pull his file.  Not to mention, I made the appointment and
they never took my name.  Luckily, everything was straightened out though.
I just can't imagine what would have happened if I didn't know anything
about his insulinoma.  I was very close to changing vets today, but it
wasn't the Dr.'s fault, it was the techs.

Bob C.- I'm happy to here you and the fuzzies are Ok.

Dooks to all,

Teresa & the Fur-tastic Five
Sequoia, Enoch, Callisto, Nemesis, & Gizmo
and our Fur Angel Loki