From:
Julie Guardino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:47:51 -0500
I had to laugh Todd, at the pet store yesterday I ran into a fellow member
of our ferret club and was chatting about our summer ferret barbeque.  Well,
the store manager was listening and had a good laugh.  He said, "...and I
thought you were protecting the ferrets!"  He was joking too.  Personally I
think the raisin sauce would be great!

Someone mentioned listing ferret dangers for Friday's list.  Two things
which I have come to know as serious dangers to ferrets are the padding
under the carpet and my swim goggles.  I had some padding left over after
our carpet was installed and we stored it in the basement in what I thought
was a ferret safe spot.  No so.  My little Munchkin crawled up some boxes
and found it and ate some of it.  It killed her, I wrote about it when it
happened and at that time thought it was my swim goggles.  She had eaten
the foam around the lens.  But when the narcropsy was done what we found
was the carpet pad.  So needless to say, a very hard lesson to learn.  I
still ache for her little face, she was the sweetest most pathetic ferret I
had ever seen and I loved her dearly.  My goggles are zipped away in my gym
bag which is out of reach from my "boys" and the carpet padding is out of
the basement.  It is amazing what the little carpet sharks can get into and
eat.  As Bob Church says, think of them as the equivilent of a two year old
child, iverything goes into the mouth and they get into EVERYTHING!  Love
to all the wee ones, Julie