Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 09:47:36 -0400
This is my first post ever on FML.  And, as luck would have it, to mention
wonderful news rather than sad.

On Saturday I took part in the Tri-State Extravaganza...my first show ever!
I've only had Shiloh since March, and she took first place in the first
ring of alters, and eighth in the second ring.  I was so proud of my little
girl I cried...and misted over every time I thought of her being lifted
aloft by the judge who proclaimed her a "championship ferret." I had no
idea, she is just my beloved little girl who wrestles with her brother,
Amadeus (ferret) and sister, Tess (dog) and tries to escape from her "safe
place."

Of course, we didn't get to that podium by ourselves!

First, I have to thank Ginny at the Pet Pad in Shadyside who sold me my
little girl and gave me enough information to feel secure.

Second, Path Valley Farms for breeding her, and actually selling her rather
than choosing to keep her as a breeder.

Third, Three Rivers Ferret club members, Chris Sayne who taught me so much
about grooming and drove me to the show; Barb Carlson who taught me
practical ferret care; and Chris and Tara Palaski, the local ferret rescue
folks, who evaluated Shiloh and told me to "go for it, they'll like her";
and cleaned Shiloh's teeth and ears so that she looked her best.

Fourth, those dear judges who saw even more in Shiloh than I did!

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Pat (very proud mom)
Shiloh (okay, when do the film offers start coming in?)
Amadeus (hey, I got ninth in Mutt, remember?)
Tess (what's the big deal about a clock and three ribbons anyway?)