Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 03:01:55 -0700
How come I am not surprised to read that Dr. Kemmerer received a
nasty-gram?  It is amazing that some people will arbitrarily attack
anything that doesn't receive their approval or ring true to them.  It is
not enough to simply express an opinion and say, 'I disagree, but your
thoughts/beliefs are worth looking at'.

I have had individuals here on the FML that have emailed me and called me
all kinds of things when they disagreed with something I said.  It is not
enough to simply state a difference of opinion, they have to lambast me
and tell me how wrong I am or how anti-ferret I am, etc.

I took to adding the "The Rude One" to my signature because of one such
incident, all because I posted a note to the FML to remind all posters
to include a location when posting an event/give-a-way/help type post.

Dr. Kemmerer, PLEASE don't take to heart the negative comments you receive
in such a manner.  The majority of us welcome your opinions and look
forward to anything you have to say.  This **IS** a forum, a place to
discuss and offer help/advice or something to think about.  A few people
just don't see that.

MC,  The Rude One