From:
Diana Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 12:22:27 PDT
I am a new member to the list but I am not new to ferrets.  My name is
Diana and I have a shelter in Fairbanks Alaska.  I have had ECE running
through all my ferrets for about 6 weeks now.  Ay this time I am only
giving sub q's to 1 but he is not getting any better, I give him 1ml of
kaopectate 3 times a day but still his diarhea persists.  About 2 weeks
ago it appeared to be getting better but then he took another dive and we
are right back where we started.  He was the last ferret to be introduced
to my shelter and was also the last to begin to show symptons.  I have
quarantined myself and am sending any new ferrets to foster homes until I
can begin taking them.  I will also concentrate on placing those in foster
care first.  I want to hang on to this bunch for the next 6 months to make
sure all will be well.  Chene is an older male that was found in an
outhouse at a lical campground.  His health was not the greatest upon
arrival but he was eating, playful and I had hope for him.  He seems to be
the worst of the entirs gang.  I am force feeding him and giving him water
out of a medicine syringe as well as sub q.  I just cant seem to help him
get rid of the Diarhea.  He is also getting clavamox 2 times a day.  I
would greatly appreciate any advice from anyone who has been through this.

TTFN
Diana and the ferret farm