Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 22:14:30 -0400
Someone asked about brewer's yeast (in ferret foods and supplements), so
here is the information from my nutrition class again:

Nutritional yeast (brewer's yeast) can be mixed with food or juice or
water.  It is an excellent source of protein, B vitamins, amino acids and
at least 14 different minerals.  It is especially high in chromium which
makes it effective in improving blood sugar metabolism and in reducing
serum cholesterol levels.  It is one of the best immune-enhancing
supplements available in food form.

It helps in wound healing due to increased production of collagen.  It has
antioxidant properties which also enhance healing.  It improves skin
texture and is helpful in removing blemishes, so it has been used as a
natural facial mask.

Hope this helps!  And to the person who flamed me after the LAST time I
posted this (she wanted to know how discussing facial masks related to
ferrets): please don't even bother to flame me about it again.

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483