From:
Scott Beisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:34:01 -0700
I always give my wife a hard time for hanging on to those old "Cosmopolitan"
magazines she squirrels away in crates and boxes.  "I might have to refer to
them later," she claims.  Never do I find her in our Cosmo archives.  To
reclaim precious storage space, I have to sneak out to the trash can to rid
ourselves of decade-old issues.

I wince every time she reaches for the latest issue on the grocery store
display.  Quickly reading my body language, she counters with, "Well you
have EVERY issue of EVERY ferret-related magazine in existance including
"Modern Ferret", "CrittersUSA", "FerretsUSA", and now "Ferrets"." Of course
this is true, so I bite the bullet and plan my next secret mission to the
dump.

As she thumbs through her September issue, all I can do is re-read issue #17
and wonder when the next issue will be released.  But low and behold, my
wife calls me to her side to show off her discovery.  I had to reconfirm
that she was reading Cosmo and hadn't accidentally picked up one of my mags.
But it was true!

"Cosmopolitan", September 1998, Page 159... six ferrets!  Well it wasn't a
fancy photo layout, nor an article about what fashionable fuzzbutts are
wearing this season.  It was just an ad for the Styles check company.  But
among their selection, #135 shows the well known ferret faces of The Ferret
Calendar from The Ferret Company.  I had seen the ad in the latest "Ferrets"
and still have yet to send in my order.  Now that they hit the big time, I
better get on the ball.

Well I guess I will have to let my wife hang onto this issue for a while!
~                Scott Beisner               ~
~    Californians For Ferret Legalization    ~
~          http://www.ferretnews.org         ~