From:
"Lisa Leidig - The Ferret Haven \"By-the-Sea\"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 18:41:04 EDT
Hi all!

We have a cute "ferret at the beach" story that I just have to share.....

Its cooler this week, in the high 70s to low 80s at the beach, and last
night about 7ish, we decided to take my german babies, Buster and Baby Di,
to play at the beach.  These 2 are water babies and enjoy playing in the
tub and shower and in the tidal pools....

Buster and Di are happily galumphing through the surf, paying no attention
to the waves - well Ernie and I decide to go wading and take the babies in
and let them swim.

Buster is gently lowered into the water, and just like an otter - WHOOSH!
away he goes!!!  happily paddling between Ernie and I, no panic, no
problems.  I lower Di in, and almost fell into the surf - She tried to play
our tub game!!  She dived down into the water (in the tub with 6" of water,
she plays entirely under the water) and disappeared from sight!  Now, no
panic - they both have their leashes on, but when I pulled her back up, her
expression was priceless..  MOM, where is the bottom???!!  (we were
standing in almost 3 feet of water!) She paddled a bit and then we scooped
them back up, got showered with water and sand and took them home.
Bathtime ensued (ok they like playing in the water, but bathtime is
DIFFERENT!) and let 'em play in the house until they were dry...

But OH! the look on her face!! I will never forget it <chuckle>
Happy Ferreting!

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"