From:
Kym Dirks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:26:30 EDT
>A cage is a very boring place.  I'd sleep all day if I was in a cage.

Very true!  A cage is a boring place.  But it can also be a safe haven for
them, er, and for us humans.....:)  Anyway, I put my fuzzies in the cage at
night for thier own safety.  I sometimes get up in the middle of the night,
so does my husband and my young son, who needs to potty.  What a horrible
thing if we stepped on one by accident!  Or.......maybe a nice fresh pile
of ferret poo (YUK!) I have had my share of squished poo between the
toes...:P~~~ eeeeyyyyyyyywwwwww!  The good thing?  The majority of my
floors are hardwood.  Easy clean up and kinda difficult to be a carpet
shark with nothing to dig at, huh?  To get back to the point, fuzzies do
need lots of running time and anyone that keeps them caged the majority of
the day should really think of maybe giving up the ferrets and getting a
fish.  Ferrets need more than an hour or two of run time.  When my fuzzies
are out, they play and play and like to sleep in thier own special spot.
If for some reason they have to be caged for a period of time they either
sleep all day or sometimes even bite at the cage and shake it.  Now you
tell me..........DO THEY LIKE BEING CAGED??????

Kym and the Zoo Crew
Popcorn, Kekey, Tinkey Winkey, Turbo, and my new addition> Bubba Gump