From:
Leslie Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 15:02:02 +0100
I have a biter.  He's a 13 week old Cinnamon named Daggett.  He loves to
play with us, but he sometimes bites REALLY hard (He usually goes for
elbows, the fleshy inside part of the arm and ankles.) Last week he got me
good on the inside of my arm and drew blood.  Yesterday I noticed a red
bruise on the same spot.  Has anyone had this happen before?  I've had
several ferret bites break the skin and not leave a bruise like that.
Also, I am allergic to ferrets and was wondering if that might have
something to do with it?

Also, any ideas on how to get him to stop?  We've tried bitter Apple,
scruffing with a stern "NO", time outs...nothing seems to work (I do not
believe in nose tapping).  Our other fuzzy "Bean" (13 weeks old sable
female) does not have this problem.

Any insight  and suggestions would be appreciated.