From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 00:01:02 -0700
>From:    Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Subject: zen's miscellania

>>Well sometimes they start there but end up elsewhere.  We've known them to
>>slide under the skin down to the belly.  <grin>

>BIll, I understand your comment it is possible that the inserters of the
>chips were not careful as to the placements.

Complain to an English vet whose name I don't recall.  There might be a
correlation between your inexperience with highly energetic European
ferrets as opposed to the more calm Americans or as you suggest you just
might be better at it.

>From:    The Aikens <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Shelters?
>Instead of purchasing a ferret from a store, I wondered if there were any
>ferret shelters in my area.  I live near Frederick, Maryland.

You're surrounded.  Literally.  North in Gettysburg PA.  South near
Leesburg VA.  West is us near Winchester VA.  East (well and South) are a
few in Northern VA.  Further East is the Baltimore Ferret Club shelter and
a few others.  Most shelters in this area seem to have ferrets most of the
time now.  We in particular are still overloaded.

check the American Ferret Association web site for a good list of shelters
at http://www.ferret.org/shelters.htm

>From:    Glenn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: drenched
  [and]
>Subject: Sawyer post

We don't feel a discussion with you will be productive.

Quoting us...
>>We in particular will never support efforts riddled with dishonesty or
>>other ethical weaknesses.  Wish all in the ferret world were as honest.

>Isn't that something!  I have never been so close to an "unscribe", because
>I am really becoming weary of being drenched with holier-than-thou crap
>every morning.

This isn't a discussion.  You choose to attempt ridicule instead of
honest debate.  Just because we do not believe dishonesty is the correct
option in most cases.

>Nor should it be a place for the glorification of the medieval practice of
>vivisection.

True vivisection is gone..  The animal welfare movement works.

>On a more personal note, I know that every ferret that dies on a
>vivesectionist's butcher block is not one bit different from the little
>boy that's pulling at my pant leg this very minute.

Apparently no use debating you.  Bye.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/