From:
Mickey Rene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 15:19:30 EDT
When I go into the pet store, I keep seeing tons of expensive ferret toys
and accessories.  For instance, a "Ferret Sleepingbag" had a cost of $17.
A "ferret play tube" cost $7 for one about 12 inches long.  The list goes
on and on.

Anyway, I'm posting this to give some people an idea on how to supply your
fuzzy with more inexpensive luxuries:
-Instead of buying a sleepingbag in a store, I gave my ferret "Jitterbug" a
 doll slepping bag.  It's small, warm, and she slepps in it all the time.
-Cardboard tubes in pet shops tend to have high price tags, but instead my
 dad went to Agway and bought about 5 feet of sewer pipe for only $1.50.
 Jitters loves climbing back and forth in it.
-Jitter's also loves rolling around plastic pop cans with her nose.  Also,
 try a Dixiecup.  I got her on videocamera the first time I gave her one.
 She had the dixiecup on her nose and she was trying to walk around with
 the cup on her face!
-Jitter's just discovered my eraser for my dry erase markers.  The eraser
 is really soft and fuzzy on one side and cardboard on the other.  You can
 pick one up at OfficeMax for around 2 or 3 bucks.  Jitterbug sat on it
 this morning and then pushed it around under her as she crawled around on
 the floor.
-Try a "Kong" dog toy.  They cost a little bit more, but Jitters loves the
 hard rubber and she can't chew holes in it either.
-And last, Jitterbug likes companions.  I bought her a little "Meeko" puppet
 from Pocahontas.  She wrestles around on the floor with it and has a blast.
 Any small stuffed animal should work, just make sure that the material
 inside can't be chewed through.