Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 13:35:35 -0000
From:
I think I should confirm what Ela has said.  No one has asked us to take
any shelter off the S.O.S. list, otherwise known as the FML Shelter Update.
There was some confusion when Lisa formed a new shelter and changed the
shelter name she posted under, but no one asked to have her removed.  There
is no one but me who could have accurate information about how the situation
was handled, since I dealt with any questions myself and did not tell anyone
all the details.

The FML Shelter Update is open to any shelter which would like to let the
FML know who they are, where they are located, and how they are doing.
It's a service to both the shelters and any readers of the FML who are
interested in helping the shelters.  We are unable to monitor the honesty
of the shelter operators or the quality of their care of the ferrets, which
is the reason that we do not send any of the money we raise directly to the
shelters.  Instead, we send money to their vets or send ferret supplies in
some form, insuring that only ferrets can benefit regardless of what we do
or don't know about the shelter itself.  Of course, over time we have come
to know quite a few shelter operators, and I admire them all for what they
do for the ferrets.

We all (myself included!) have GOT to stop passing along second-hand
information!!

Blessings
Judith White

 Ask me how to save money while supporting ferret shelters.

 1% of my monthly internet bill, 2% of my long distance
 and intrastate phone bill, and 1% of my calling card bill
 go to the FML Shelter Fund.  And the rates are great!!

 We also offer ferret coloring books and a booklet for the
 grocery store coupons of your choice to support shelters.