From:
Lynn Galigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:49:41 -0600
Hi fellow FMLers!

On Friday morning the little fert had cloudy vomit in her cage.  Pee/poo
was normal.  She ate properly but refused her treat.  By late afternoon
couldn't poop and wouldn't eat or drink.  Of course, all vets are closed
and the Emergency only opens at 6 so had to wait half hr.  The culprit was
an obstruction which was surgically removed as it was lodged in the small
intestine - 3cm piece of rubber which we deduced had been there for a month
and a half!  On Saturday, one of Ming Jou's very own vets happened to be
there and just about had a fit - boy were we glad to see a familiar face!!
She was still vomitting and passing diarrhea early this morning.  She is
now at her vet's all curled up in her blankies and hot packs but may have
to go back to the emergency for overnight.  She has been given painkiller,
amoxy, batril, sub-q and something that begins w/an R.  She still has
diarrhea but no more vomitting so far today.  All the vets and techs who
have treated her throughout have been excellent and very caring.  There is
a concern that she still is passing diarrhea as they wanted to start her
on drinking and eating.  Ming Jou has been such an angel the whole time,
giving kisses and snuggling w/everyone and thru all of this, she still
insists on using the litter box - what a little trooper!  They will want
to have her on some sort of duck soup once she get home.  I'm thinking
something along the lines of turkey and rice baby food, crushed kibble,
whipping cream, etc...any suggestions?

                                                Use it here:  ENGLISH
        (@)~~(@)                                              FRANCAIS
          0  0 \     /***\                                    DEUTSCH
          =v=   \~~~/     \                                   SVENSKA
          ming-jou & Lynn  \~`````~~                          ESPANOL
                   ^^^^^^^^^