From:
Guy & Debbie Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:42:44 -0500
Our shelter mascot, Jack of Hearts has already survived being lost, a fight
with ?? that cost him his left eye and now after settling in and stealing
our hearts; has come down with coccidia.  My regular vet is away on a one
week holiday and I don't have access to my usual in depth info.  Jack has
been prescribed ALD(??) a anti-parasite medication.  What I would like to
know, is:

- How long is the shedding period
- Will bleach properly disinfect the litter box
- Will my own ferrets and the rest of the shelter fuzzies need to go on
  medication if they HAVE NOT had contact with Jack's litter box., but did
  have play time with him.
- Can the parasite be passed by fuzzies ritual greeting(bum snorting)
- Could not find anything on coccidia in the medical FAQ,(maybe its time to
  have something on this; Pam?) I have heard of several other ferts coming
  down with this, but didn't pay attention at the time(fool that I am) and
  now it's my turn to be asking all the questions.

Please keep Jack in your thoughts, he is very sick with this.  The doc
didn't even need to do an exray as he is a walking bag of bones.  Thank
goodness for DUCK SOUP.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Deb
Zookeeper
Squeaks, Niles, Ivan, Rufus, Susie-Q, Farrah, Smudges, Buzzy and Mr.
Beazley missing their bud.
Thor(English Mastiff) "Heh Jack, you can bite my hocks anytime, just get
better"