From:
sally azima <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 19:11:19 -0400
Today was the first day we've ever taken our ferrets outside.  Of course,
we had them on little ferret harnesses, but they loved it.  They were
tunnelling through the tall grass outside in my back yard.  they thought it
was great.  I've always been too afraid to let them out, even in the
security of our fence.  i was afraid if i couldn't sit and stare at them
they'd somehow disappear.  so, now we can take them on their harnesses, and
they don't mind.  They just see it as teh price they pay to go outside.  we
took our skinny ferret outside first (recovering from ece) and he was so
excited.  he's just gotten back into having teh energy to do anything.
when we brought him back in, he dried himself off on the rug (the grass was
still damp from rain) and then went back over to the sliding glass door.
he's adorable.  he dooked to get our attention, then stood up at the
window, asking to go back out!  its the cutest thing!

just had to share.  i am so excited!