From:
Valkyrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:26:55 +8000
Gonna try this again...

Silly me sent my first post to the wrong address it came back chopped up
and illegible.  I'm so mad at myself.  :::::sigh::::

Okay, dogs and ferrets.  Lemme see...I have 4 dogs, 2 cats, a ferret and a
sugarglider.  Do they all get along?  As a rule, yes.  2 of the dogs are
wolfdogs so they don't get to play with Caesar (the ferret) they're too
rambunctious and anything smaller than them is a chew toy.  Mystic is
outside and Cheyenne goes in her kennel or outside when Caesar plays.  That
leaves CC and Jesi, the two cats Phoebe and Tigger, then Buddy the
sugarglider.  Well, Phoebe runs like crazy when Caesar tries to play with
her and Tigger wrestles with him with great joy.  Buddy...he isn't supposed
to be out at the same time but the one time he was (a booboo) Caesar didn't
give a fig.  Now the dogs.  Jesi is an old cranky thing but she let's Caesar
crawl over her...she growls...grrr grrrrr grrr, but just lays there and
closes her eyes while Caesar explores and snorkles through her fur.  Then
there is CC...oh my....Caesar loves CC.  CC is a Rottwieler/Shepard a
MONSTER!!!!  But she thinks Caesar is her playmate.  As long as I spray her
legs with bitter apple she's fine otherwise the gentle giant gives me the
most pitiful look holding her paw in the air with a ferret hanging from a
toepad..."It hurts Mom get it offa me."

So...ferrets and dogs.  I wouldn't recommend a Jack Russell terrier(JRT).
Experience talking here folks!  I live in my parents day basement that was
made into an apartment.  They have a JRT....when I fled my former home with
the clothes on my back, Caesar and my laptop...I found out that Charlie (the
JRT) likes ferrets with mustard..(just kidding) what he did was jump up and
try to snap at my poor babies tail that was sticking out under my arm.  Now
dont' try to tell me it would be different if he were raised as a puppy I
don't believe that cuz he was raised with two cats...and he TERRORIZES
them!!!!  He came into the home at 7 weeks old, he is now 3 and the same
cats he grew up with are terrified of him.  Since he acts this way with the
cats there is NO WAY I will allow him in the same room as Caesar EVER.  Only
Cheyenne knew Caesar when she was a puppy..I got her in December but I got
Caesar in November.  Jesi is a 10 year old border collie and CC is 6 years
old.  The cats were there first too...in otherwords Caesar was the one
raised with a blended family.

Chose carefully a puppy, a mixbreed IMHO is best...Labrador mix is good.  I
know..big dogs...but it's been my experience that the smaller dogs are so
quick and have such attitudes (making up for their size maybe), that they
make *me* nervous.  Don't get me wrong I *adore* Charlie, but my pets know
that I have rules and in order for us all to get along in a dinky apartment
those rules have to followed.

If you doubt that my kids get along take a look at their pics at

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/7232/my_zoo.com

go to Caesars link and then from there see how CC and Caesar get
along.

Nancy
_____

Contact through ICQ via 3985712 -Valkyrie-
Virtual Places: MinatoNeshoba
AOL:  WolfeEyez
My webpage: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/7232
(webpage is currently under renovation, excuse the mess)