From:
Tracy Navratil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:51:20 -0500
Hi everyone!  I'm looking for some suggestions -

I took my 7 mo.  old girl, Pepe', to the vet on Friday afternoon for her
distemper booster and he did his normal checkup on her.  He told me that
she had an abcess near her rectum (possibly from her surgery when she was
descented?) His prescription he gave me is to have her on 1/2 cc of Albon
once a day for 1 week.

Does anyone know if this will help?  Is there anything topical I can put
on it to help relieve the discomfort?  The abcess is about the size of a
small pea.  My vet said the abcess might break and that I would have to
keep it clean with peroxide?  I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
Tracy Navratil
Tango, Chico, Pepe' and Roo