From:
Harko WERKMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 14:53:07 +0000
>16) Sandbag.  Make your own out of fine sand and finer cloth, about a foot
>square.  Covered with a towel, it can be molded to a ferret's body and much
>more useful in proping them up than towels.

I've found bags of this size, filled with wheat rather than sand, are
extremely versatile.  While they may not hold their shape as quite as well
as a sand bag, they can be quickly warmed to a -low- heat (take care!) in a
conventional or microwave oven.  When cool, they tend not to draw heat away
from the body as much as sand.  Indeed, I use one in place of a hot water
bottle in winter - keeps the toes warm when you hop into bed, and doesn't
freeze them in the morning.  They're also good for warming painful joints
or injuries if nothing specifically intended for that purpose is available.
I slept with one placed under the small of my back the last time I foolishly
wrenched my back, and it mended much more rapidly than on previous occasions.

Finally, if the little devils manage to open the bag on your carpet, the
mess is easy to clean!

Harko.