From:
Dan Durnan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:53:46 -0400
>It has been suggested that this demonstration of pre-jump or fore-attack
>mode of tail flicking is yet another indication of the predatory and
>deep-seated, instinctive aggressiveness of the ferret as it prepares itself
>for the killing strike upon its victim...  One may draw inference from this
>slight evidence that the veneer of domestication of the ferret is very,
>very thin and that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to surmise that the
>"domesticated" ferret is not significantly domesticated ... yet.

What?!?!?  Are you actually saying that because fuzzies do this "tail flick"
is their, how do you put it, wild side????  Well, let me ask you this then.
Do you think house cats are not perfectly tame either, because I don't know
about you or whomever else is reading this, but I own Five cats and every
single one of them was born indoors and lived indoors their whole life, AND
every single one of them either flicks their tail or flicks the very last
tip of it.  And their not wild one bit!  But if you think that cats are not
totally tame then, O.K.  I just needed to put my 0.02 in on that one.  Sorry
if I made you angry, I didn't mean to say it so harshly.