From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 08:32:58 -0400
Bob, Steve and I are sorry to hear that Simon is doing so badly.  We know
how observant you are, that you've got a good vet (something all FML members
should try to have), but that Simon just happened to be asymptomatic.  We
know what that's like.  It's harder on the caregivers, that's for certain,
because the bad health comes as a shock.  If it helps you there is the
upside -- that it provides the afflicted individual with peak enjoyment time
right up till things begin to crash.  Unlike humans, ferrets know how to
enjoy life so that means Simon got all he could from the time when he showed
nothing wrong.  (Now, humans are too inclined to spend a lot of time in
worry, or desire rather than appreciation, or in offense and defense, or in
bluster rather than in trying to make others happy while being happy and
while extending tolerance.  For our species it's often a shame that folks
don't make a bit more of life -- like ferrets do.) We should all learn some
pointers on how to live from the Simons and other ferrets of the world.
(Not that we should steal our family socks and drag them under beds -- that
works ONLY if everyone is doing it!) Know that lots of people are thinking
of you right now, okay?

Sukie