From:
Rick Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 22:07:00 -0600
Without getting into a p..... contest.  Listen to me everyone around this
great country of ours.

FERRETS ARE ILLEGAL IN THE COUNTY OF SALT LAKE IN THE STATE OF UTAH.  ALSO
IN TOOELE COUNTY, WHICH LIES WEST OF SALT LAKE COUNTY.

Ferrets were legalized in the state of Utah, three years ago.  But in that
law they left it up to every individual county, city and township as to what
they thought necessary when it comes to Ferrets.  Salt Lake County choose to
make them illegal.

Now in the city of Taylorsville, located in the center of Salt Lake County,
Ferrets are legal to sell and purchase as long as you have a $150.00 exotic
animal permit.  Now the city of Taylorsville is not enforcing this
ordinance, but who is to say when they will?

I have lived all over this country and travel quite a bit around the world.
I have never encountered a place like Utah when it comes to politics.  So
what may work at another state, county, city, etc.  Does not work here.
This I have learned the hard way with much fustration and near exhaustion.

Remember, its easy to win a superbowl sitting in your lazyboy, but until you
put on the cletes and walk out onto the field.  You don't know what your
doing.  I

I thank you all for your support and wisdom, but like I stated earlier, Salt
Lake City, well the whole state is like the 1950's and McCarthyism and
Ferrets are communists.

U.F.O. has spent well over a year doing public speeches, appearances and
talks on every media available to dispell several years of bad publicity.
Its all up hill and my cart has square wheels.

Thank you for your concern but please learn to understand.
United Ferret Organization