From:
Esther Hung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 19:46:40 -0400
Ok, I've been lurking here for sometime, even posted a few things in the
past. :)  I just have some questions now that I've had my fuzzies for a
while and I've gotten past the basic stuff. ;)  So to speak. :)

I've noticed that alot of folks have mentioned letting their ferrets
outside to play.  I've noticed that among my four (Yes, ferret math struck
here really bad.) they've different reactions to being outside.  I think my
eldest (about a year and a half now.) Jingoro would probably just take off
like he was chasing raisins if he weren't on a firm leash.  Ryouki and
Marcus on the other hand, their first reaction was either 1.  Try to get
back into my arms or 2.  Try to claw their way through the screen door to
get back inside as fast as they can!  I haven't let Sasami out yet, she's
the baby.  So far they've only been on leashes, yet I hear about people
just letting them outside in fields to play, etc.  Am I reading things
wrong in assuming that these ferrets won't just run off and not come back?
I've seen pictures of ferrets in lawns and gardens too, but I really wonder
how possible it is to just let them loose like that and what problems might
you expect if you do so...

Esther & Kevin on the behalf of the following...
Jingoro - I was here first!  Maaaa, why do you have to keep bringing more
          home???
Ryouki - Oh quiet, Jing!  You're such a wimp, give me that raisin or else!
Sasami - *Yawn* Would you two quit making all that noise, or do you want
          me to come  over there and show you how to /really/ bite?
Marcus - I'm innocent!  Leave me outta this! Maaaaaaa!!!