From:
sharin alpert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:17:48 -0700
Hi, i'm back.  well you probably didn't notice i was gone... I wrote posted
a couple of times in the past few months about Chloe the weasel, & now pet
math has struck again - & i need advice.

We got Ramon recently to keep Chloe company, & for my birthday, and he is
a honey.  Neutered, about a year or year-&-1/2 old, very people-oriented &
friendly & active - & without a clue about house-broken.  He'll go
*anywhere* - including his bedding, the middle of the rug, etc.  I hate to
keep him caged, because he becomes very frantic & hyper, & even when caged
he won't use a box, or even necessarily the same corner of the cage every
time.  Previous owner kept him caged most of the time & filled tray under
cage with wood shavings, & just dealt with cleaning it - but i'm hoping for
better.  He's no dope.  I've been hoping he'd get a few clues from Chloe,
but not yet.  & he is totally puzzled when I put him in the box & give him
a reward, or say "bad ferret" if he does it in the wrong place - you can
tell nothing is clicking.

besides that he is a totally charming animal, friendly, trusting, healthy -
& of course funny - but i'm sort of at my wits end about this.  any advice
would be very welcome!

Thanks

sharin
Chloe (wanna dance?)