From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 10:53:05 -0500
It didn't work folks.  The glass glued to a ceramic tile.  All it did was
cause it to be heavier as I moved it around.  Ammonia (the blind one) must
have extra hearing senses, could hear the fuzz from the coke and she was
like a maniac.  She circled the coffee table, possessed, went over to the
couch got up, made her way along the foot rest leaped to the table.  I was
watching and picked the glass up, she frantically looked, listened.  She
leaped back over to my foot rest onto my lap up, the arm that had had it,
I'd switched = she switched, I switched and put her on the floor, she was
back up on the arm of the couch, leaped on my shoulder, I put it back on
the table, etc etc etc.  I thought I could give her a smell, she tore at it
with nails turned to Freddie claws.  How about a little sip (I know sounds
nasty but when you love em like a family....) it wasn't good enough in a
glass, have to get those nasty ice cubes out, claw claw claw and it needed
to be poured out on a flat surface to lick up and roll in.... It just
wasn't worth it, so I got up and put it on a shelf across the room she
cannot reach (big deal to get up, this is a recliner with a haydock block
under the footrest where the mechanisms cannot be moved, its like standing
up from the depth of a scoop).  by the time I thought it was worth
struggling up again to go across the room to have another sip: ice melted,
a watered down coke!

Maybe it would be okay for those ferrets who have not become addicted yet.
Next thoughts is a kinda of sling hanging from the ceiling where I can
reach up without getting up.  How do I disguise the smell and the little
fizz sound?  Is there a ferret obedience course out there????

And for those of you who think these things are so smart: Ammonia (now
again, remember she is blind, vet confirmed) just came running in here,
she had to clear a 36" plexiglass gate to do it.  I took her back past
the gate, set her down, and said Okay smarty show me how you did it.  She
IMMEDIATELY, went across the room, climbed up on a stool and from there
leaped to this and that til she got around to the gate at its heighth,
which meant a belly spat to the floor but....even a dog would wait til you
got out of sight, not done it while you are standing there talking to her.

Millie & her noble cleaning crew
Easy Off:  the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia:  One more chance, she gave me one more chance, I love one more
chances...
Cascade:  Well, okay, we can work this out, a sacrifice but to help you
you can have 3 kisses per raisin.  Generous to a fault, Yes,(sign)I am.
Ajax:  Look, I'm flying, my feet are sticking straight out, and and, now
watch it, look out there, that's a rug, watch it, hey a corner coming
up, too fast too fast, whoa big guys.
Dixie & Joy:  Talley Ho there luv