Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:43:41 -0900
You might have read the ferretizing (ferret-terrorizing?) that my kitten
Stormy is going through.  She really imprinted on Angle Baby, a 4 yo sable,
at about 6 weeks and looks on Angel Baby as Mama now.  I finally had to make
a larger hammock as Stormy isn't happy unless she can also sleep in the cage
in a hammock, preferably cuddled next to Angel Baby.  That wasn't bad when
Stormy was a tiny kitten, but she is getting way bigger and at just 3 months
now takes up the entire store bought hammock with no room for Angel Baby.
This slightly ticks Angel Baby off and she will grab Stormy by the scruff
and try to pull her off the hammock.  This was easy when Stormy was a small
kitten but Angel Baby has a bigger job on her hands now.  In any case, I
made a large hammock out of sweatshirt fabric (which is also what I use for
bedding) so both kids can sleep and leave mom alone.  on my last trip to
the vet, both of these monsters crawled into my rather large purse and hid,
peeking our and pretending the vet didn't know what those lumps in the purse
were.  Then both came out when she brought the ferretone however.  I wish I
could film the kitten war dancing and dooking with Angel Baby...this poor
cat is going to have a major identity crisis!  They used to play "Run under
the couch", but a few weeks ago Stormy outgrew the clearance of the couch
and now she peers sadly at Angel Baby while the little bandit mask stays
back just far enough to not get caught by a cats questing paw.

elle in portland OR