From:
Kat Albrecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 16:30:03 -0400
>From:    Kim VanderLaan <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Lost Ferret Survey
>This post is to thank the person who is/was doing the survey on lost
>ferrets.  I don't remember who it was, but because of the information
>posted in that article, at least one fuzzy is home again.

Kim,
THANKS so much for sharing that story.  I am so happy to hear that the
information was useful.  For just one pet owner to be reunited with their
lost pet makes all my hours of research and work worth it!  While I am
still on the ferret digest, I am preparing to move on to study lost iguana
behavior.  We just worked a missing iguana (which eventually was found up a
tree).  I need to see how far iguanas typically travel when lost (so far,
we believe they will be found close and up in trees).

After my last posting of the lost ferret survey, I was blessed with MANY
visits to my website where ferret owners used the lost pet survey to share
their stories losing & finding their ferrets.  THANKYOU everyone.  We will
include your data in an updated survey that we hope to publish in some
national ferret publications.  In those publications, we will ask for more
ferret owners (like those not on-line) to participate in our study.  If we
can study 300 cases of ferrets that have been lost and later found by their
owners, we can get solid statistics and start to truly make a difference in
how missing ferrets can be found.

Kat & Dogs

Kathy "Kat" Albrecht
Executive Director

                   National Center For Missing Pets
*Exciting Search & Rescue Stories *Tips on Finding Lost Pets *Forensic
Applications To Missing Pet Investigations *Pet Search & Rescue *If You Own
A Pet, Come Visit Us!
                      http://www.missingpet.org