From:
"W. Jim Evans" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 19:06:48 -0400
Ok, since everyone is putting their 2 cents worth in, my fingers won't let
me shut up any longer.  This is my first post to FML, so bear with me.

Name: Marcus
Age: 6 years old
Momma's Boy!
Nicknames: Markie, Markie-Puss, Weasel, Weasel Bait, FuzzButt, Baby Boy

Name: Penelope
Age: 3 years old
overbearing.  Daddy's Girl!
Nicknames: Penny, Penny-Puss, Weasel-ette, Petunia (after Porky Pig's
Girlfriend), puff-a-lump, and Baby Girl.

I recently was in SERIOUS fear of Marcus taking a walk over the bridge.  My
wife and I were EXTREMELY worried.  Got an appointment with a local ferret
expert vet and took him in.  You see, Marcus stopped eating solid food (we
feed them both Sheppard & Greene's), stopped drinking water, and overall
STOPPED!  This is NOT like my baby boy!  I was worried!!!  I could count his
ribs AND vertebrates (?) (the bones in his spine), started losing the hair
on the tip of his tail and it was working its way toward his rectum, and he
was very lethargic.  Needless to say, Dad's carpayment got some half-assed
excuse and Mom, Dad, Marcus, and Penny (just in case) headed for the vet's
office.  After examination, the doctor put me at a GREAT ease!!  Marcus had
ear mites.  I saw them under the microscope.  (Nasty looking little boogers,
they are!) I was kind of embarrassed that he had gotten them.  My mother's
daughter (no sibling of mine would behave the way that this anti-Christ
does) rented the house I am in before I moved in.  We found cat "droppings"
in the middle of the hallway, kitchen, bedroom, and MOST of the closets in
the house.  ANYWAY, we steam-cleaned the whole house.  Turns out that this
did NOT kill those damned ear mites.  We clean their ears, but not down far
enough it seems.  Well, Dr. Chmelka (?) put a squirt of medicine in Marcus'
ears and the digging stopped.  In the last week, Marcus has gained OVER 2
pounds of his weight back.  He was down to a measly 1 lb and 2 oz.  Now, he
is back over 3 pounds!  Mom and I are thrilled.  Penny got a squirt while we
were there and killed the ones she had.  We took the precautions to kill
them in the house and hope never to see those nasty little insects again!!

Sorry to babble, just wanted to let you know about my babies!!

Jim & Denise Evans
owned by:  Marcus & Penny

Marcus - " (sniff sniff)  Is that ferretvite in your pocket or are you glad
to see me??"
Penny - " Hey, Marcus, does this box look good over here?  No, how 'bout
here?  No, ......"

Jim Evans
Vegetarian - Indian word for Lousy Hunter!