From:
Jaden McCarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 00:58:05 EDT
Did anyone else see that ridiculous story on Animal Planet around 9pm Sunday
night about wild animals who are being mistreated and captured for novelty
pets.  I totally agreed with this lady until she threw FERRETS in to the mix
along with Bears, Tigers, Elephants and Bobcats.  Stating the biggest danger
is that these animal turn on their owners and can viciously attack humans.
They acctually showed a few caged ferrets outdoors on her "Rescue Ranch" It
made my husband and I literally speechless.  They went on to show how
Elephants being abused by trainers etc...

I can not believe they did that.  Someone uneducated about ferrets would see
that and it would just magnify their fear of ferrets.  I understand we DO
have too many people who think they are fun until they see how much work it
is being a responsible ferret owner only to give um up , but to say they are
as vicious as a Tiger is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!

There, I have vented.

April and her Domesticated Ferret.