From:
John M Dovie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 17:13:56 -0400
hi.  i've been reading this list for a while, and now a really need some
advice.  i've had cookie for a little over year now.  she's about three
years old and the most adorable ferret.  recently, someone i knew was
advertising that he was giving away his ferret because he was moving.
having such a great time with cookie, promted me to go get roscoe, a two
year old male.  i introduced them in my kitchen, so they couldn't run under
the bed and stuff (i wanted to keep an eye on them) and after a few minutes
of sniffing each other's behinds, they started wrestling.  roscoe is a lot
bigger than cookie, but for a little cookie was dominating him.  then roscoe
got a bite on the scruff of cookie's neck and we decided it was time to
separate them.  i don't think roscoe hurt cookie, but we put them both back
in their respective cages.  then i let cookie out because i felt bad, and
having had her so long i felt most attached to her and sympathized with her.

i'm affraid they're not going to get along.  is this behavior normal?  were
they just playing?  is there something to worry about?  how should i go
about introducing them again?

thanks for any help
john