From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 18:21:55 -0400
>From:    Samantha Rosier <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: A differant type of ferret
>still managed to draw blood.  I do not look like I was bitten by a ferret.
>I look like I was bitten by a big wild cat.  As soon as Donna stopped with
>the noise, Pumpkin stopped trying to attack.  I have never been "afraid" of
>a ferret before.  But this was strange.  Has anyone else ever experianced
>anything like this?  I would love to hear from you if you have!!!

Our Penny had this same sort of reaction when I rubbed their clear dryer
hose against a wicker basket.  It made a squeak unlike anything a squeaky
toy makes and she just launched herself at my arm and left me with a 1" gash
that was just short of needing stitches, plus a few other punctures and
scratches.  Obviously, I instantly stopped the noise and she almost
immediately reverted back to her normal, frisky self.  She had already been
trained to come to the squeaky toy I use to call the boys for a treat, but
this sound was different.

I've never tried THAT again with the dryer hose, and she continues to react
in a more "normal" manner when I use the squeaky toy to call them.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
*
* Visit our web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org