Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 18:23:31 -0400
From:
"Caitlyn M. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi, everyone,

I was at Cary Petland tonight, and they will be handing out TriFL flyers to
new ferret owners  :)

The bad news is that they have two beautiful sable kits, and one of them,
according to Diana there, has an "inverted sneeze", or so says the vet at
Boulevard Animal Hospital.  Anyway, they are going to *return* him.  Do you
know what happens when an MF kit is returned?

Anyway, I asked Diana if we could try to find him a home instead.  She and
Brad (they're the owners) agreed, but they do have to charge for him since
they won't get their money back if they give him away.  They did agree that
instead of the usual $159 they charge, he'll cost $100.  It's the best I
could do, and I really don't want to see anything happen to him.

He is a light sable male with dark paws and a dark area near his neck.  He
is absolutely precious, well behaved, and a typically playful kit.  The
problem is only obvious when he's excited.  You *will* need to take him to
a ferret vet and get him checked out if you take him home.  He is scheduled
to be returned Friday, so we really have to do something by tomorrow or
early Friday at the latest.

If anyone is interested, talk to Diana or Tamarind at Cary Petland (in
Cary, NC) and be sure to tell them that Caitlyn Martin referred you, and
that the ferret you are interested in is the one who went to the vet.
Their phone number is (919) 481-6614.

Keith and I seriously discussed taking him home ourselves, but since I've
just lost my job, we absolutely cannot make that commitment right now.
Otherwise, we'd probably have eight ferrets this evening and another
appointment with Dr. Hudson.  We just can't do that.  We have to look after
the seven we have, and with two having (hopefully minor) medical problems
right now, we just aren't able to deal with more vet bills right this
minute.

If someone not right in this area, but within about a six hour drive, wants
this cute little guy and pays for him by credit card, I am more than
willing to deliver him to make sure he finds a good home.  I don't want him
euthanized, and I am really afraid that's what going to happen.

If anyone wants to talk to me about arrangements for delivery, please
e-mail me, and I'll phone you back.

Between the two lists, let's make this a great holiday both for a special
kit and his new owner.

Thanks,
Caity

Caitlyn M. Martin                                     [log in to unmask]
http://www.caitys-world.com

"As the rabbit of chaos is chased by the ferret of disorder
 through the fields of anarchy, it is time to hang your pants
 on the hook of darkness, whether they are clean or not."
 -Roger Moore in "Spice World"

[Moderator's note: Have the store check with MF.  In the past they have
agreed to give the store a replacement kit AND allowed the returned kit
to be given to a shelter.  Don't know if it's standard policy or not, but
certainly should be looked into.  BIG]