Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:13:11 -0500
From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
For the recent comments with regard to air conditioning: doesn't every one
have it and the response which was so angry and disguested with that
viewpoint.  Here in Texas, air conditioning is a way of life.  We have had
around 100 deaths due to the heat.  People on welfare have it.  Some who
aren't able to qualify for welfare don't and free box fans are being given
out by the hundreds to those who don't.  A way of life.  Those who live
here can't picture it differently.  Its kinda like going to the supermarket
and buying fruit all your life then going to Florida and finding the stuff
grows on trees, it is an amazing thing and those living in Florida can't
imagine the amazement.

I myself had wondered about all the comments on keeping the ferrets cool,
how did the people even live without a/c.  But then when I had moved from
Ohio to Texas in '63 how amazing people had a/c here, years later I went for
a visit, amazing they still didn't have a/c in every house.  When my parents
got it, I think they used it one month through the year.  Here we start in
April and don't turn it off til October, our temperatures hit the 90's most
of the time and you all have read how we have been in the 100's for so long
we are losing trees, on water rationing, and can't even get a second cutting
on hay, our livestock is roughing it.

Hopefully this will get everyone to understand you do get adapted to your
neck of the woods and forget what it is like elsewhere.  IT is nothing to
get so angry because someone doesn't understand your position just explain
it without bashing.  Our ferrets have it good, we humans have to come and
go in this heat.