Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:18:00 -0700
From:
"Martin, Stephanie Yoong B" <[log in to unmask]>
It is with great sadness that I am here, to announce the passing of my sweet
ferret Sugar to the Rainbow Bridge.

Sugar was one of my first ferrets, rescued from a life of neglect in
someone's unfinished basement along with his 'sister' Spice (who is still
with me).

Sugar was a handsome albino, with a wonderful disposition--very loving in
his own way, he never liked to be cuddled much, but he would come and
speedbump next to me and my husband to provide us with company.  He had a
most magnificent ferret wardance, and he would often hop instead of run to
places.

Sugar battled a year with liver problems (hepatitis) and inflammatory bowel
disease.  He was brave and strong--a role model for anyone with an illness.
I knew it was his time when he started spending more and more time with
myself and my husband, sleeping near us, or actually in our arms--the real
clue came when he refused his duck soup.

Last Thursday night I held him and told him that it was okay if he wanted
to leave, that he would feel much better and would be healthy again--I
really think he was holding on until he heard the words.

For the two years that he graced my life, Sugar has made me a better
person, opening my eyes to the wonders of ferret parenthood, and even got
me going on ferret math.

For those of you who are interested in seeing what my handsome sugar
looked like (in his healthy days) please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/gorge/1335
I have not yet had the opportunity to update his page, but I am planning
to do so soon.  If you do visit, please post a messsage to my guestbook.

We miss you Sugar,
Stephanie and Todd, Spice, Mithryl, Kiner, Avery, Putt-Putt and Kimba
(the cat)