Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 15:55:21 -0400
From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
>my vet tech friend was telling some of the people with us that
>they shouldn't vaccinate their dogs any more.  They had older dogs.  She
>explained that once they get that certain amount of vaccine (just like
>people 1 vaccine and 1 booster) they are vaccinated for life.

Hi Beth--
I personally believe that also; I don't vaccinate my older cats past a
certain age (except 3 year rabies); my ferrets are middle age or younger
so I still get regular vaccinations for them.

Vaccines can bring up some strong feelings from people who have very
different philosophies.  The best thing I can suggest is to read up on the
issue and make your own decisions.  Below are some links to holistic health
sites; they may or may not talk about vaccines, but they will give you
plenty of places to start learning about different ways to look at medicine.
I think it's up to each person to make their own well-informed decision.

Best wishes
Ronnie in Massachusetts

http://www.altvetmed.com/
http://www.altvetmed.com/vaccine.html

http://home.ican.net/~nowak/trina/links.html
(this was posted on the fml, has very good links)

http://www.ListService.net/wellpet/wpfaq.htm