Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 15:01:18 -0500
From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Bryan Strickland wrote:

>I've noticed quite a few posts on the different types of litter used and was
>wondering if anyone has heard of or used "Feline Pine" Litter?  We saw it
>for the first time at Petsmart, the literature states that it can be used
>for ferrets, but I wanted to be sure that it's safe to use.

We use Feline Pine for all of our litterboxes (13 right now between ours and
the rescues) and like it a lot.  It turns to sawdust when it's wet, and
smells like pine instead of waste.  Some of our ferrets like to play in it,
but at least it won't harm them like the scoopable stuff we used to use.
One drawback - the pellets that get spilled on the floor are nasty to walk
on!  We tried some wood stove pellets (thanks Maggie!) but didn't like those
as well.

Sara and Kurt Petersen
FURRY (Ferrets Underfoot Running ROund You)