Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 21:15:58 -0600
From:
Rick Roller <[log in to unmask]>
If you have been reading the past inputs about the way Salt Lake County
treats Ferrets.  You should not be stunned by this.

If you live in Salt Lake County and you are a Ferret owner and you decide to
give your ferret to the HUMANE SOCIETY or ANIMAL CONTROL.  You have just
signed the death certificate for your once beloved pet.

Neither the Animal Control or "HUMANE" Society will house a Ferret.  They
immediately euthanize them.  Yes, even the HUMANE Society.

A ferret turned in, whether it is lost, found, or turned in for adoption, it
is immediately and I do mean IMMEDIATELY killed.

No second thought, no hestitaion, no questions asked.  That is the policy
and procedure as it has been told to me by several Animal Control and Humane
Society Directors and employees.

Well, I love these little buttheads too much and got tired of hearing about
them being killed for no other reason other than someone bought them then
realized they did not want them.  U.F.O. has set up a rescue and have
established an agreement with a few of the city animal controls to relocate
these guys out of the county if turned in.  It must of been my overwhelming
charm or the constant twitching and Marine Corps War stories I told the
Animal Control Officers that changed their minds about automatic euthanasia.
Either way, we are taking in quite a few refugees.  With the Pet Stores able
to sell them as fast as they get them in and no where for the impulse
(stupid) shoppers to discard their unwanted purchases.  U.F.O. has a
housefull already.

If you live in one of our surrounding counties or even in Salt Lake County
and you have enough love to share with one more critter, please contact me.
Donations are always welcome too.

The United Ferret Organization
808 E. 9400 S. #150
Sandy, Utah 84094