From:
Chris Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:49:06 -0400
Having removed all the yucky carpet from our house, my SO began to ponder
last night that if we don't have any carpets, can Fidget still be a carpet
shark?  Or should we start calling him the Hard Wood Weasel?  Then I pointed
out we do have Oriental Rugs, so maybe he is the Rug Weasel?

Fidget has a new toy.  After I found him muching on his woobie!  (old
t-shirt part, tied in knots) I took it away.  then I thought, we'll
basically he'd kill for the woobie, so I tied it on the end of one of the
many leashes we have and drag it around the house.  he goes wild trying to
catch it and then stash it.  He is quite distressed when the woobie, which
seems safely stashed, disappears.  He doesn't quite seem to comprehend that
if the woobie is not to be found, he might look in MOm's hands..whew...hope
he doesn't catch on soon.

Although, he has caught on about where his treats are stored.  If he sees me
standing in front of the tv he is right there at my feet.  I keep his treat
box beside the tv set which sits on one of those entertainment shelf things.
So now if I want to get him to do his "trick" ...come running and then stand
on his back legs when I yell treat (instead of standing there on his back
legs staring at me because I'm slow), I have to make sure he is out of the
room.  He usually also comes to me saying in a very high pitched voice "come
to mommy" but yesterday he wouldn't budge...until I yelled TREAT!

cheers
chris and Fidget, the WVU hard wood weasel?