From:
JOSEPHINE HANSEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 10:14:19 -0700
Hi i am new to ferrets as of the past year i bought a ferret girl (Liza) at
a local pet store, and of course one month later a little brother (Truls)
we are a very happy family and my life has never been quite what it used to
be its amazing what these little minds can come up with to make life
interesting !!  The cost of getting them was high, then there is cage and
toys etc, i think i've spent at least $200 just building a three storage
cage with tubes between the floors for them to run through, whenever they
are in it.  My question is, why do so many people feed with kitten food
when there is ferret food to buy in big bags, and obviously are designed
for ferrets, even at the pet store they will recommend ferret diet, and
they themselves feed their kits cat food, i understand that cost is of some
importance,(if running a shelter) but will they not be healthier if given
ferret food?  also what is the best ferret food?  i feed them Kaytee
Forty-Diet.  Thank You for a wonderful and informative List.

Josephine