From:
"Henry Lee Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:07:08 -0400
First, thank to those who responded about the biter (Frodo).  His biting is
slowly getting more playful and less painful, and with proper use of the
bitter apple, he is getting more leary of biting :)

Some more quick though non-emergency questions

1. Bilbo occasionally hacks, a hacking cough.  One time only, every here
and there.  Could this be a hairball starting in the little 4-month old's
system?  Is that a sign of a hairball, or something else?  I dont give them
anything for hairballs currently, is it recommended to always give them
something?

2. One of them occasionally takes a wierd looking poop, sort of miscolored,
tinted greenish.  This happens in random spurts, once every week or so at
most.  Is this something to be concerned with?  I feed them Marshall's
Ferret Food only, and give them some ferretvite and ferretone on top of it
(not too often at all though).  Bilbo doesnt like treats (odd) but Frodo
loves them, so he eats Bandits once in a while.  The wierd poops are usually
after the bandits, so i thinks its Frodo's.

3. They are devils!  I find it impossible to ferret proof any room in the
house im currently in.  I am between college apartment and my first
post-college apartment, living in my old room, and there is way too much
stuff in here to ferretproof it, i've tried.  I sometimes think that these
guys are the smartest of all ferrets (im sure every owner does).  Any random
advice on ferret-proofing?

Thanks all (They're running around like wild 2 pound ferrets right now in my
room, when they get out of their cage, they act as if they've been in prison
for 20 years).

Henry
Frodo (I've come to nip off your nose)
Bilbo (I'm too good for treats)