From:
Roberta Ensor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 21:14:37 EDT
Just a short note to share our continuing adventures with Bandit.  Though my
daughter doesn't read the FML she must sub-conciously ingest it.  Shortly
after rescuing Mr Magoo and the incidents with Bandit beating him up, my
daughter decided little Bandit's real name is "No, No Bad Girl!".  Even the
High School Principal calls her by that name (the ferret, not my daughter).
It's a story for another time, but yes, Bandit has hitched a ride to High
School.  Actually, she has tried many times but only made it the entire way
once.  She has made it to Shop N Save, Wal-Mart and halfway to my office.

Anyway, a while back I came home late from fixing our neighbors computer.
Both the garage doors were open and naturally since it was after mid-night
I shut them.  I went right to bed not thinking to count noses and toeses as
the cage was all closed up for the night.

When I awoke at 6:30 am my husband asked where I found Bandit the night
before.  I replied that I thought they had put her to bed with the rest of
the bunch.  It turns out they couldn't find her and were waiting for me to
come home as I have a knack for discovering her unusual sleeping spots,
like the backpack hanging on a hanger in the closet, in the sleeves of the
snow-mobile suits in the hall closet, In the box of quilt scraps at the top
of the closet, etc.  etc.

I had a real odd feeling in the pit of my stomache.  I grabbed Bandit's
jingle ball and ran out to the garage door.  I opened the back door and
began shaking the ball.  Within a minute I heard a noise next to me and I
looked down.  There was little miss troublemaker popping her head out of my
husband's insulated snow-mobile boots.  Apparantly she had once again let
herself out of the house only she stayed out "ferreting around" (as opposed
to catting around) a little too late.  She squeezed back in under the crack
of the door and went to sleep in the insulated boots.  Thank heavens we had
never punished her for playing in the boots and dragging them around.  It
had gotten down to the 30's that night (early May).

Bandit has continued to find ways to get outside and we haven't discovered
all of them yet.  The only thing that has taken a little stress off this is
when Bandit is tired of playing she comes up to the outside door and knocks
(bangs the screen door against the wooden door) until someone opens it up.
We then get a "What took you so long look" and little miss princess sashay's
into the cage for a bite to eat.

Needless to say we do a Bandit check about every half hour now when the
little ones are out to play (which is 7am - 10pm unless we are out of the
house).

Roberta
Windham, Maine