From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:13:18 EDT
We now have all 21 either in our shelter system or in club member's homes.
The ferrets are a pitiful sight.  I don't think any of them have been out of
their cages in months or longer.  The ones who were well, danced and danced
until they collapsed.  Even the poor little chocolate gal who has only a
tuft of hair on the top of her head, and tumors all over her body.

We're not allowed to do any "elective" surgeries yet, until after the
Cocheco Valley Humane Society is given full custody.  If the unlicensed
shelter operator pleads guilty, that will be in early July.  We've done two
emergency surgeries already to remove nasty looking cysts and tumors from
heads and shoulders.

We still need to raise the money for the surgeries so that it will be
available when the courts turn them over to us.  Optimistically, I'm
figuring $2000, but it's likely to be much more.

Believe me, every dollar raised will help.

Remember, donations can be sent to:

Cocheco Valley Humane Society
262 County Farm Road
Dover, NH  03820