From:
Tracy Navratil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:18:42 -0500
Hi everyone!

I have been on the FML for a little while and love to read all the wonderful
stories of our fuzzies, but there is always the tears that come with the
not-so-happy stories that have been endured by these wonderful creatures.

Anyways, I live in North Dakota and work at a local community access
television station in Bismarck.  I am amazed of the unawareness of ferret
care not only here but in other states as well.  I have two fuzzies myself
and am constantly learning more and more through the internet, which has
been great educational material for us all.  Where would we be without it!

I am putting together a show on Ferrets.  I will be covering everything from
nutrition, ferret basic care, ferret-proofing your home, diseases,
legalization issues, veterinary care, ferret clubs/shows, do's & don'ts and
much more.  I am looking for anyone interested in being interviewed or may
want to be on the show.  I am going to have a couple of ferrets on the show
also.  I want to educate people on doing a little research first before
impulse buying and also the benefits of adopting/fostering a ferret in need.

I feel that there are a lot of good books out there on ferrets, but there
are always the few that misrepresent the truth, i.e. (chicken stalking,
etc.) I would like to be able to reference the well-written ones, and warn
people of some outdated, not-so-truthful ones.

I would love to hear from any vets, ferret owners, shelters, rescues, ferret
clubs, etc.  who might be interested in this attempt for worldwide ferret
awareness.  I am by no means, as knowledgeable on ferrets as some of you are
on the FML, that is why the request for individuals who are.  I want the
truth to be heard and to get rid of the misconceptions.

We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and I will not be doing this video
for profit...it is strictly an educational tool..  My goal is to ship this
to as many access stations across the U.S.  as possible for them to air in
their communities.  Imagine, if it can reach 25,000 people here in
Bismarck... think of the impact in larger communities & cities.  (Bismarck
is a lot larger that that, but that is how many people subscribe to our
station.) I will also be submitting it to the library so new ferret owners
can check out the video at no cost.  I am working on the local pet stores
also, I would love to be able to, upon the purchase of a ferret, supply this
video, free of charge.  I don't know about you, but if I were purchasing an
animal and it came along with a free video on care, and didn't know much
about the animal, I would definately watch it.  (The pet stores here would
probably not mind...it wouldn't cost them anything).  Maybe, people who have
watched it and know of someone who just obtained a fuzzy, could give it to
them to watch & so on, & so on...get my drift!?!  :-)

The show will take a few months to compile all the footage...so that also
gives people time to think about heading to the Midwest for this project
(even if you are just passing through).  Hey, Bob C.  are you interested...
I would make your favorite dish!  (chicken liver ala worms) (oh yeah, that's
your fuzzies favorite) he, he ;-)

You can e-mail me at [log in to unmask] if you would like to talk to me more
about this or send any info.  you think might be helpful.  Dooks to all!

Tracy - (human who is trying to make a difference for all the fuzzies in
the next century)
Tango - (that's it - she's gone bananas...i'm outta here!)
Chico - (who care's - as long as she keeps my tub filled with water!)